The Tale of Despereaux Novel Study is a complete and engaging novel study for the book by Kate DiCamillo. It's all you need while teaching various reading skills, grammar and vocabulary!
It is divided into 6 sections (Book the First - Section 1 & 2, Book the Second - Section 3, Book the Third - Section 4, and Book the Fourth - Sections 5 & 6)
This unit includes the following:
• The Tale of Despereaux title page for students
• Meet the Author
• Author Research and an Author Study graphic organizer
• Prediction page
• Title prediction page
• Character notes – 6 main/minor characters
• Chapter summaries and response – one for each section
• Vocabulary pages for each section
• Vocabulary words – total of 48 (8 per section)
• Vocabulary – many different activities and options included (a new Interactive Vocabulary page for every 2 or 4 words-just print how many needed!)
• Quizzes including vocabulary for all 6 sections (1 page for all quizzes including vocabulary, multiple choice questions and 1 short answer question)
• Book Test (including matching characters, multiple choice, short and long answer questions)
• Writing activities
• Extras: character analysis, character traits, setting, plot, word work - dictionary work, a mystery picture, and more!
• Answer keys for entire unit
• Common Core standards page included in packet for 3rd-6th grades.
The Tale of Despereaux | Kate DiCamillo | Book Study | Novels | Character Analysis | Character Traits | Characters | Setting | Theme
Click on the green star next to my store logo to learn about future sales, new products, and freebies from my store.
Other Language Arts Resources available:
★ Number the Stars Novel Study
★ Frindle Novel Study
★ On My Honor Novel Study
★ Maniac Magee Novel Study
★ Sarah, Plain and Tall Novel Study
★ Because of Winn-Dixie Novel Study
★ Persuasive Writing
★ Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots Bundle
★ Word Work - Vocabulary
★ Word Work - Spelling
★ Parts of Speech Review
★ Freebie! Morning Work
Follow Me on Pinterest www.pinterest.com/thereadingnook/
Follow Me on Facebook www.facebook.com/thereadingnook.tpt
My email is email@example.com if you need to contact me.