The Taming of the Shrew project set provides ten different project options to go along with Shakespeare’s classic comedy. Choices allow for student strengths to be recognized, including artistic, writing, acting, and music elements. In addition, thought was given to make sure that there are project options that can be done individually, with a partner, or as a member of a small group. This flexibility and wide range of different types of projects means that there is something for every student in your class. You might even have some students that have difficulty narrowing their choices down to just one project! Projects can work as an in-school assignment, an out-of-class assignment, or a blend of time-management requirements.
Project options are listed below, with more information available by viewing the preview of the file. Please respect the time and effort that has gone into creating all of these options and their descriptions by purchasing the product if you are going to use the ideas available in the preview.
- The Costume/Fashion Director (Individual Only)
- Video Version of 3 Scenes (Group – up to 3 – or Individual)
- Picture Book / Comic Book (Individual Only)
- Katherine/Petruchio Relationship Essay (Individual Only)
- Create a Game (Group – up to 3 – or Individual)
- Petruchio’s Treatment of Katherine – Is it Justified? Essay (Individual Only)
- Character Motivation Slideshow (Pairs or Individual)
- Saturday Night Live Parody (Group – up to 3)
- Put Music to Scenes (Individual Only)
- Journal/Diary (Individual Only)
Of course, as noted with all paid items from A Teacher’s Teacher, requirements can be added, removed, or modified as you see fit, since you will receive both a PDF (ready-to-use) version of the handout and an editable (.docx) version.
In addition to the project options and descriptions, each project has its own rubric (or a standard literary analysis rubric for the essay options). Examples of two of the grading sheets are provided in the preview file. Point values and areas for grading can easily be modified, added, or removed on the editable (.docx) rubric file, as well.
As always, A Teacher’s Teacher aims to provide you with useful tools that will help in the classroom. To this end, all files are provided in multiple formats for both easy access (.pdf) as well as editing and modifying for your own classroom needs (.docx).