Also included in
- Imagine having your entire middle school ELA school year planned for you! This curriculum and pacing guide for 7th grade ELA includes EVERYTHING you need for an entire school year of reading, writing, learning, growth, and engagement. Simply download the PDF pacing guide and yearlong curriculum, and$250.00$331.23Save $81.23
Engage grades 7-10 ELA students with "The Tell Tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe Escape Room--now in print OR digital format! Can students piece together the plot and find the Old Man's heart to avenge his killer? Find out with this escape room!
To implement this escape room, arrange students into groups of approximately four students each. Give each group a detective file and hide the five clues in designated spots around the classroom OR share the Google Form in Google Classroom and see your students navigate through the clues digitally!
Your students will
- Work to do a close reading of the text
- Unlock the meaning of vocabulary in context
- Answer questions to test figurative language knowledge
- Work to piece together the plot
Directions are clear and easy to follow. Simply print, hide the clues, and watch your students fully engage in the text OR share in Google Classroom.
Included in this escape room:
- 6 clues that students can work through on paper or in Google Forms
- "The Tell Tale Heart" full text broken into sections that align to each clue
- Detective Badges
- Caution banner pieces
- Edgar Allan Poe posters to decorate your room
- Step by step, easy to follow directions
- Teacher directions for implementing the digital version
- Google Form version that can be shared in Google Classroom
- Digital Detective Tools
This escape room is a blast and can be used on Halloween, as part of a short story unit, to review skills, or just for fun!
Check out my escape room bundle for ELA:
Check out my Character Autopsy activity for the classroom or distance learning: