PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
4.31 MB | 18 pages
This 18-page product features a comprehensive literature guide for use while reading Edgar Allan Poe's gruesome tale, "The Tell-Tale Heart." The packet provides an excellent basis for comprehension and vocabulary acquisition for the short story and encourages students to think critically about plot structure, literary elements, perspective, and figurative language within the story. The wide range of activities in this guide will keep your students engaged and help them to delve into the mind of one of the most notorious unreliable narrators of all time!
- Attractive cover page for student packet
- Anticipation guide - "Debate Statements"
- Vocabulary drawing activity
- Comprehension questions
- Freytag’s pyramid worksheet
- Literary elements worksheet
- Figurative language worksheet
- Creative writing assignment - "Through the Old Man's Evil Eye"
- Full answer keys for teacher use
While this literature guide is Common Core aligned for eighth grade, it is appropriate for students in seventh-tenth.
Will you be teaching “The Black Cat” during your Edgar Allan Poe unit as well? Save money on cohesive literature guides for both short stories by purchasing them together: