Also included in
- Engage your middle school Language Arts classes with these spooky short stories! Students will learn about suspense, foreshadowing, characterization, satire and more with these fun Halloween lessons! Short stories include "A Ghost Story" by Mark Twain, "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe, and "Price $12.00Original Price $15.00Save $3.00
Edgar Allan Poe's classic and haunting short story, "The Tell-Tale Heart," is the perfect tale to teach students about symbolism in literature, imagery, figurative language, and more! Students will learn how to annotate both informational and fictional texts as they study Poe and his masterful story of suspense!
These activities are wonderful for engaging students in ELA content! I love to use these resources around Halloween to channel students' holiday excitement into great learning!
Two engaging and instructional Slides Presentations are included to teach students how to annotate a text and to introduce students to the short story and the literary devices they will encounter in "The Tell-Tale Heart." Multiple student assignments are included with Answer Keys!
- Two Engaging Instructional Slides Presentations (Over 50 Slides!)
- Biography of Edgar Allan Poe Student Annotation Practice
- Annotation Practice for "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe
- "The Tell-Tale Heart" Student Assignment (symbolism, imagery, figurative language, and point-of-view)
- Answer Keys!
- Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Detail Lesson Plan
- Instructions for Accessing Slides Presentations
- How to Annotate a Text
- Symbolism in Literature
- Imagery in Literature (visual and auditory)
- Figurative Language (similes and metaphors)
- Point-of-View in Literature
- Informational Text Reading
- Short Story Reading
- The Elements of Fiction Mood
More Spooky & Suspenseful Short Stories:
Buy the Bundle and Save 20%!!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson
Check out my NEW Blog: mrsnelsonteaches.com