This comic book has been designed to provide a visual setting for the narrative of 'The Tell Tale Heart' that will help the student come to a better understanding of the storyline by supplementing the literary devices and symbols that Poe used when writing his famous short story. The language used has been slightly adapted and edited to suit the comic format. It can be printed for easy distribution, displayed as a slide show on a computer or used as an eBook on an iPad or other tablet.
The Common Core states, 'There is a need in literature and social studies classes to evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats including visually and aurally.' I believe that comics and graphic novels can fulfill this standard and I hope you will find this product an engaging way of teaching your students.
This product includes;
1. A fourteen page color version of the comic with a short quiz and other activity to develop comprehension of the story.
2. The same fourteen page comic in black and white for easy printing. (There are two BW versions. The Lo Res version has no background which makes it easier to print)
3. A five page worksheet that has a vocab work section and three writing prompts for different media comparative writing, character analysis and making a news report.
4. A two page student answer sheet including the vocabulary sheet and comic question page answers.
5. Five pages of teacher notes containing suggestions on the use of the comic with students, along with web links to other useful resources.
Here are two other products you may be interested in;
The Raven-Comic Book
Gothic Horror - A Multimedia Introduction
The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe - Comic Book
by Paul Carr (kibishipaul)
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License