Also included in
- Shakespeare in 30 minutes? Let me count the ways… This bundle contains eight abridged plays by William Shakespeare. Each play in this series has been adapted for teens to tackle in a half an hour. Perfect for ELA, ESL, and drama camps. These abridged Shakespeare plays have been used with:Reader’s ThPrice $32.99Original Price $46.00Save $13.01
- These versions of Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing, The Tempest, and A Midsummer Night's Dream are part of my Shakespeare in 30 collection. Each abridged Shakespeare play in this series has been adapted for teens to tackle in a half an hour. These abridged versions are perfect for ELA, ESL, and ShakePrice $17.99Original Price $23.00Save $5.01
- Teaching William Shakespeare? This bundle of Shakespeare resources will be your best friend! You get a full unit for any play, 30-minute adapted scripts for 8 of William Shakespeare’s plays, resources for teaching Shakespeare's language, two best-selling Escape Rooms, and additional support for acadPrice $49.99Original Price $85.72Save $35.73
- This is my Shakespeare in 30 collection. Each abridged Shakespeare play in this series has been adapted for teens to tackle in a half an hour. These Shakespeare adaptations are perfect for ELA, ESL, and Shakespeare camps. These abridged Shakespeare plays has been used with:✅ Reader’s Theatre (1-2 clPrice $69.99Original Price $94.81Save $24.82
This version of The Tempest is part of my Shakespeare in 30 collection. Each abridged Shakespeare play in this series has been adapted for teens to tackle in a half an hour. This abridged The Tempest is perfect for ELA, ESL, and Shakespeare camps.
This abridged Shakespeare play has been used with:
✅ Reader’s Theatre (1-2 class periods)
✅ Staged Readings (1 week)
✅ Full production (3-4 weeks)
The Shakespeare in 30 collection is perfect for students in grades 6-12 studying William Shakespeare. The Tempest maintains all of the subplots and has roles for 13 students. It has parts for as many extra mariners as you want to cast for the opening storm.
1. A full Teacher's Guide:
- Teaching Drama in ELA & Questions to Consider
- Guide to a Staged Reading (Making the Most of One Week)
- Tips for Teaching Shakespeare
- Evaluating Drama
- Director's Notes (and blank version)
2. An editable script
3. Shakespeare's Language Worksheets:
- Iambic Pentameter
- Thou vs. You
4. Editable Extension Activities:
- Character Analysis + Rubric
- Performance Review + Rubric
- Soft Skills Rubric
5. Digital Capabilities
- Tips for editing & uploading
- Writable Google Slides versions of worksheets
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This resource provides the 'quick & dirty' of a drama, without the dragging on process of a 2-3 month unit. I also love that it provides teamwork and empathy, as my kids need to continue to realize the world doesn't revolve entirely around them!" -Victoria R.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This made a challenging unit so much more accessible for students!” -Kerry H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “The students really thought this was helpful in understanding the pentameter. Needless to say, they enjoyed The Tempest.” -Elisa E.
Download the preview for more information! You can also view a sample Close Reading scene (for The Tempest) here.
Your download is a .zip file containing several files. The Teacher's Guide is a .pdf and cannot be edited. You can edit the script (.doc) and the extension activities (.ppt). You also get the worksheets as fillable Google Slides. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at email@example.com.
If you can't find the four-play combination you want in the plays listed above, you can make your own! Simply purchase any three plays and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number. Let me know the play you'd like to receive for free, and I'll email it to you within a few days. :)
You may also like my Introduction to Shakespeare Escape Room and Digital Breakout!
Did you know that you can towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA