The Thank You Book Companion is based on The Thank You book by Mo Willems in the Elephant and Piggie Series. It's a fun Read Aloud that also is a great starting point for teaching about the importance of saying thank you! It is sure to help continue building your classroom community in a positive way.
The Thank You Book Companion contains great printables and activities to teach with after reading this hilarious book aloud to your students!
In this resource you will find:
1. The “Thank-O-Rama” Boy and Girl Templates and speech bubbles. These make a great hallway display.
2. Spin to Write a Thank You Note. This could be in a literacy center, as a whole class, or give a spinner to each student table. Students use a pencil and a paperclip as a spinner. I made the spinner editable, so that you could change the topics. I created two levels of writing paper for students.
3. Invite Elephant and Piggie to dinner and write about what you might serve them!
4. Graphic Organizer for Problem/Solution. Included is one printable and one Interactive Literacy Notebook Page.
5. Teaching about Why Thankyou’s are Important! I love using the Y organizer to let students think about how a Thank you might look, sound and feel. I included one printable and one Interactive Notebook Page.
6. The Thank You Train Activity. Students get practice saying “Thank you” face to face with classmates and then saying “You’re Welcome!”
7. Sight Word Search
8. Thank You for Being a Reader Award!
Please follow me by clicking on the green star at Children Heart Books
Check out some of my other Thanksgiving Resources:
Thanksgiving Coloring Bingo
Thanksgiving Mini Book Writing and Survey