These reading activities give students the opportunity to think about the informational text that they are reading. Students use digital devices to complete the activities. Important Common Core skills such as finding textual evidence and determining the central idea are included. No copies or handouts are needed.
This Thirteen Colonies informational text is broken down into small sections. Each section is followed by an activity that enables students to process what they have just read before moving on to the next section. Some of the reading activities can be done in pairs.
This resource can be used in place of the textbook or as a supplemental resource. It is compatible with most textbooks. It can also be assigned for homework to students who have access to iPads and laptops at home.
Students with access to iPads or laptops use notebook paper along with their devices to read and complete the activities. This resource also works for students in a classroom with a large screen (69”H x 71”W or larger) and an LCD projector.
Topics Covered in the Informational Text:
1. The Thirteen Colonies
2. The New England Colonies
3. The Southern Colonies
4 The Colonist Got Used to Governing Themselves
5. Slavery in the Thirteen Colonies
This Resource Includes:
• notebook paper setup examples
• an essential question
• informational text about the Thirteen Colonies
• reading activities such as determine the central idea, recall, write questions, contrast, complete a diagram, answer questions and answer the essential question with evidence
• an explanation and illustrated example for using evidence to answer an essential question
• an answer key
• determining the central idea of an informational text section
• writing a summary sentence for an informational text section
• using textual evidence to answer an essential question
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you.
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing my products per special request.
You may also like…
Exploration in North America Reading Activities
English Settlements Reading Activities
The French and Indian War Reading Activities
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products, and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.