The Three Bears' Halloween by Kathy Duval is a fun Halloween story (sold separately, online or in stores) which flips the script of the original Goldilocks and the Three Bears. As the three bears go trick-or-treating, they end up in Goldilocks' house, eating her treats, breaking her chair, and hiding in her bed. Dressed as a witch, Goldilocks scares them away. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The Three Bears' Book Walk- An activity to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Spatial Concepts- Describe where the witch is using prepositions
6. Creative Extension- Design a new costume for Baby Bear
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!