Are you afraid of the big bad shark? This book companion will allow you to teach and practice a ton of great language skills including: vocabulary, sequencing, story retell, answering comprehension questions, understanding plural nouns and past tense verbs, inferencing, comparing and contrasting, describing and more!
When you purchase “The Three Little Fish and The Big Bad Shark: A Book Companion For Language” here’s what you get:
1. Story Elements: You get 1 story elements graphic organizers including characters, setting, problem and solution.
2. Vocabulary Cards: You get 5 tier 1 vocabulary cards, 5 Tier 2 definition cards, 5 Tier 2 "What does it mean?" cards, 1 "Match the Vocabulary" worksheet, and 1 "Vocabulary in a Sentence" worksheet.
3. Story Retelling Mat and Visuals: You get a story retelling mat and 8 visuals. Your students can cut out the visuals and glue them in the correct order on the story mat. Have your students retell the story when they are finished gluing.
4. Comprehension Questions: You get 10 receptive comprehension questions with answers in a field of 3 and 11 expressive comprehension questions without answer choices.
5. Preposition Concepts/Following Directions: You will receive 11 cards with the fish in various places (position words on the card) and 11 cards asking where the fish or the shark is located.
6. Inferencing: You get 17 Inferencing "What am I?" cards. Read each description to your students and have them guess what ocean animal/plant you are describing.
7. Nouns and Verbs: You get 11 plural noun cards and 17 past tense verb cards. Let your students read each card and produce the correct plural noun or past tense verb.
8. Synonyms: You get 11 "What's the Synonym?" cards for your students to practice producing synonyms and 11 pairs of "Match a Synonym" cards.
9. Antonyms: You get 11 "What's the Antonym?" cards for your students to practice producing antonyms and 11 pairs of "Match an Antonym" cards.
10. Attributes: You get 8 attribute graphic organizers, each containing the image of a different ocean animal, for your students to practice describing.
11. Compare and Contrast: You get 4 Compare and Contrast graphic organizers to use with the 8 attribute graphic organizers.
12. Nonfiction Passages: You get 8 nonfiction passages about various ocean animals. Each passage comes with 5 comprehension questions.
13. Nonfiction Compare and Contrast: You get 4 graphic organizers to practice compare and contrast skills related to nonfiction passages.
14. Writing Prompts: You get 2 writing prompts for your students to practice their writing skills.
15. Compare/Contrast: You get 1 graphic organizer to compare/contrast "The Three Little Fish and The Big Bad Shark" and "The Three Little Fish and The Big Bad Wolf".
Please ask any questions you may have before purchasing.
I am in no way associated with this book or author. You will need to purchase the book “The Three Little Fish and The Big Bad Shark” by Ken Geist separately.
Don’t forget to leave feedback so you can earn TPT credit!
The Speech Owl