My first graders LOVE this unit that blends the classic fairy tale of The Three Little Pigs with a non-fiction study on wolves. This unit takes up to 2 weeks and includes: many printables, videos, close reading, assessment, art, and a expository writing project. Enjoy!
**Four pages of detailed lesson plans**
1. Retelling ws
2. Character map and "Can, has, is" organizer
3. Point of View
4. Retelling art craft
5. Comparing and contrasting NF wolves Vs Big bad wolf
6. Wolves- Non-fiction Mini book
7. Non-fiction close reading
8. NF Life cycle ws
9. NF labeling ws
10. Non-fiction CCSS assessment
11. Project examples (photographs)
I hope your students enjoy this unit as much as mine did. Comments and ratings are greatly appreciated!!