In this three-week long writing unit, students will formulate an argument and effectively use evidence to support their reasoning. This experience gives them the opportunity to practice these important skills using familiar and entertaining texts.
Your students will learn to:
- take a writing piece from prewriting to publishing
- organize and write a multi-paragraph essay
- construct a strong argument/thesis
- use text evidence to support their argument
- gain understanding of multiple perspectives
- construct a thorough introduction and a concise closing
- communicate their reasoning with peers
Included in this file:
- daily lesson plans broken down by week
- student pages for each week
- step-by-step instructions on how to pace the unit
- examples from my own teaching of this unit
- photo of anchor chart, video on how to teach the chart
- bulletin board letters with attached photo of my own bulletin board
- ideas/ways to extend the project that connect to math, arts, and presentation skills
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by John Scieszka is available here on Amazon.
Click the green star to follow my shop!