The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett is a popular children's book that features Aloo-ki, an Inuit girl in the Arctic, who comes upon the home of three snow bears. The tale is in the tradition of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, but with a Winter theme. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Aloo-ki’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Phoneme Manipulation- A listening activity for following directions to make new words by changing or moving phonemes.
5. The Three Snow Bears and Goldilocks and the Three Bears Sort- Compare the two stories and sort pictured story elements onto mats.
6. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!