This product contains resources to help you teach Kate DiCamillo's moving novel The Tiger Rising. The Tiger Rising Novel Study is a comprehensive approach to teaching this novel. You can use this product to accompany your read aloud, for guided reading or even for your book clubs!
Be sure to download the free preview above to see a sample of the resources included in this novel study.
Included in The Tiger Rising Novel Study, you will find:
- Chapter by chapter notes for the teacher about the characters, symbolism, examples of literary technique and possible extension activities
- Comprehension questions for each chapter. (Update: the chapter questions are also included in a student friendly sticky note comprehension booklet.)
- Quoting text mini lessons and text based evidence transitional phrases
- Vocabulary for each chapter, a graphic organizer for finding word meaning in context and a sheet for writing definitions and meaningful sentences. I've also included cute, themed word cards for your to use on your word wall!
- Symbolism poster and graphic organizer
- Compare/Contrast mini lesson support; many of the prompts require the students to compare and contrast, so I've included posters for this topic.
- Reading Response Questions: these questions are more indepth and promote higher order thinking than basic comprehension questions. There are 18 pages of questions with space for student responses.
-Character analysis graphic organizers: one organizer for each of the main and supporting characters in the text. Students will use the character's words and deeds to support a trait chosen.
-Figurative language mini lesson resources to help you teach author's craft
- Fact and opinion sort
*** Updated **** I added a sticky note comprehension booklet to this file. You will need an unzipping program to open the files.
Please do not purchase both of my Tiger Rising products. This bundle includes both products.
If you are interested in just the comprehension booklet, please take a look at this listing: The Tiger Rising Sticky Note Comprehension Booklet
Any questions? Please ask!