Included in this Bundle are the following resources to save you some time and enhance your teaching of The Time Machine!
1. Background PPT- have students complete the Guided Notes as you lecture.This powerpoint serves as a introduction to The Time Machine by HG Wells. Included in the 16 slides are:
A. Author Bio: Early Years, Personal Life, As a Writer
B Adaptations, including youtube links to trailers of 1960 and 2002 film versions
C. Historical/Political/Scientific Influences, particularly Victorian England, Industrialization/Capitalism, Charles Darwin, Entropy
D. Genre Characteristics: Science Fiction, Dystopian Fiction, Dying Earth Subgenre
H. Essential Questions
2. Guided Notes- have students complete these as you show them and discuss the Background PPT. Allow time to pause and ask questions.
3. Extra Notes on Theme and Motif- These are just FYI. You may want to peruse them before showing the PPT so you can explain some of the themes and motifs.
4. 4 Graphic Organizers: Dystopia, Science Fiction, Motifs, Theme- Have students complete these during or after reading. Ideas: divide them into groups and have them split up the work and then share with the class.
5. Essay Prompt and Rubric- have students use the graphic organizer of their choice to compose an essay on The Time Machine.
6. Vocabulary List with Quizlet link- I give this list to students before we begin. The quizlet link allows them to study online at their own pace, and it allows you to generate and print as many quizzes as you want!
Enjoy this resource, and please feel free to contact me with any questions!