What is it?
The time management workbook is a 64 page, interactive workbook for teachers and students filled with strategies, handouts, activities, exercises, and resources to help students build and improve time management skills.
How Can it Be Used?
This workbook can be utilized in a variety of ways including 1:1 support, advisory hours, classroom guidance lessons, small group settings, or to aid in IEP/504 accommodations and interventions. Inside you will find various student activities, exercises, resources, strategies, and printables to help students build and improve their time management skills.
Teachers can also use this workbook to increase students' understanding of what time management is, help students evaluate their time management skills and identify individual challenges, foster a classroom environment that promotes strong time management skills, provide students with strategies and resources on how to build and improve time management.
What is Included?
- Maximizing Our Time Activity: Student activity that highlights the importance of using our time wisely and maximizing each minute we have.
- Time Management Skills Survey: A survey for students to evaluate their skills and abilities related to time management
- Time Management Scenario Activity: Students read a story about a student who struggles with time management and reflect on what they have read and how they relate to it
- Personal Time Survey Activity: Students will evaluate how they spend their personal time and determine whether or not it is effective
- Time Awareness Activity: Students will participate in an activity that increases their awareness on how they are assessing and estimating the time they are spending
- Time Waster or Time Saver Activity: Students will read various student scenarios and identify the time wasters and time savers in each
- Time Wasters Activity: Students learn about the concept of time wasters and identify their individual time wasters and learn about the most common time wasters they might be experiencing
- Time Savers Activity: Students learn about the concept of time savers and identify their individual time savers or ways they can work towards integrating into their lives to save time. They will also learn about the most effective time savers and be provided with a list.
- Planning & Prioritization Activity Students will work together to help create a schedule for someone with several commitments/obligations, learning effective strategies and techniques to help them prioritize and plan effectively
- Identifying Priorities Activity: Students will be given various pairs of tasks and will test their ability to prioritize
- Developing A Schedule Activity: Students will work together to develop a schedule for a student who might have overbooked himself
- Creating Individual Schedule Activity: Students will apply the strategies and techniques they have learned to plan and prioritize effectively by creating a weekly schedule of their own
- Task Analysis Printables: 15 Task analysis printables to help students break down larger projects, plan for long term assignments, and complete tasks with complex instructions
- Breaking Down Tasks Resource Guide: A 6 page guide on how to break down tasks to help with planning and prioritizing major tasks and assignments. Students will apply the steps to their own life by completing a short writing activity
- The Planner Scenario: Students will read a short story about a student who struggles to use a planner and learn why it is one of the hardest habits for students to develop and how to overcome that barrier
- LPET Approach: Students will learn about a 4 step approach to help them manage their time effectively
- Watch The Time Resource Guide: A printable resource guide for applying a strategy called watch the time