Students learn related vocabulary, sequences in science and in the story, describing parts of a whole.
Give your students these language rich materials for use with the book, "The Tiny Seed". This book companion resource with included language activities has been designed with speech therapy and special education students in mind; such as, students who need visual cues, language scaffolding, and/or picture-based communication/support.
Not just for speech-language therapy. They can also be used with general ed and special ed classrooms.
The pack contains:
• Shared reading Before - During - After activities for 4-5 days, including
• 4 different sequencing activities, and
• a picture-based communication display to use,
• Vocabulary activities revolving around the science-based vocabulary from the book, including
• parts of my body and parts of a plant
• flowers, fruits, and vegetables
• definitions of key/core words from the book
• building adjective knowledge
• compare and contrast
• Phonological Awareness activities tied to the book's vocabulary, with
• initial sounds and
• counting syllables
• Science tie-ins that revolve around
• plant parts,
• food from plants, and
• other things we do with plants,
• Math activities, for counting seeds and doing subtraction
• Informational text (just 6 pages) about seeds and trees
• Art activities,
• Technology tie-in: suggests iOS apps related to the topic.
Images include Symbol Stix, clip art, and hand-drawn and painted art.