This Group Research Project for "The Tragedy of Julius Caesar" is aligned with the common core standards and requires students to work together to create a research project. The final project includes a five paragraph research paper written and cited in MLA format and a PowerPoint presentation that is presented to class.
Assigning this group research project is a great introduction to the the historical and political context of the setting/plot before students read the novel. This project can also serve as an extension activity during or after students finish the novel.
This download includes:
- The research project assignment (PDF)
- Research topics and websites for students to visit (PDF)
- Group member evaluation forms (PDF)
- Teacher rubric with customizable point values (PDF)
- Editable example PowerPoint Template (PPT)
Other Julius Caesar Resources That Might Interest You:
The Tragedy of Julius Caesar Character Analysis Graphic Organizers
William Shakespeare - Julius Caesar Paper - Julius Caesar Research Topics - Common Core Standards for Julius Caesar - Group Research Project - Marc Antony