Engage your students in Waitangi Day Commemorations and New Zealand history and learn about New Zealand's founding document with our interactive scavenger hunt and puzzle pack. Using the NZ School Journal Story Library text "Te Tiriti o Waitangi", your students will learn about the history of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and the impact that this founding document has had on Aotearoa, New Zealand. Integrate social studies and literacy with this print and go resource!
Click HERE to SAVE 25% with our Treaty of Waitangi Puzzle Bundle (Year 3-8).
Students closely read the text and use the information to complete their interactive puzzles. Display the amazing completed puzzles and wow your school! This activity works for individuals, pairs, or teams.
Useful as part of your portfolio of evidence to meet the Education Council's Registered Teacher Criteria.
In this pack you will receive:
1. A link to the NZ School Journal Story Library text "Te Tiriti o Waitangi" in PDF form. This text should also be available in New Zealand schools in hard copy form.
Please note: While the contexts and concepts link to English and social sciences at level 4 of the curriculum, this text has a reading level of years 5 to 6.
Click HERE to see the pdf text of 'Te Tiriti o Waitangi.'
**'Te Tiriti o Waitangi' is authored and illustrated by Ross Calman, Mark Derby, and Toby Morris.**
2. 12 puzzle pieces featuring a range of reading comprehension activities.
(Large and small puzzle pieces are included.)
3. A KWL chart to record students prior knowledge and further learning.
4. Two writing tasks to summarise student learning at the conclusion of the unit.
5. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
6. Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
You May Also Like:
⭐️Waitangi Day Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions NZ
⭐️Waitangi Day Print and Go Activity Pack
⭐️Daily Writing Prompts February Waitangi Day NZ PowerPoint, Journal and Worksheet
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
Stay in touch
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Pin with us on Pinterest!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!