Looking for a fun way to kick off your next lit unit? Try BOOKMARKS PLUS! The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book:
• author info
• publication date
• story premise
• descriptions of main characters
• 25 alphabetized and defined Words to Know
A handy little reading aid and no more dog-eared pages! Some students even keep them as keepsakes of their favorite books!
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, and they’re reproducible, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Also, I’ve included both a color version and a black and white version to meet all your printing needs. Makes a great freebie to kick off a literature unit!
Testimonials for Bookmarks Plus from Teachers of All Levels!
*****My students LOVE these bookmarks. I have one for each of the 11 pieces of literature they read with me during the year. Not only does it keep their place, the bookmarks provide valuable information about each text, as well as helpful vocabulary that could be incorporated into assessments. I actually copy limited numbers of each in color and use as class incentives. My 10th graders LOVE to win contests to upgrade their bookmarks to color (way better than candy as a prize too). I cannot say enough positive things about these bookmarks!—Matthew R.*****
*****To say that my students loved these would be an understatement. They referred to them all the time, got really upset if their bookmark got misplaced, and said they were "the best thing you've ever given us..." (they are prone to slight exaggeration...but they were appreciative!)...Highly recommend!***** H.S. Language Arts Teacher
*****My students love these! They feel much more confident discussing the book with this handy guide at their side.***** Eager Beavers
*****These were fun! I teach seniors and gave them 5 minutes to study the front & back of their bookmarks as table teams - then I asked them to SIT on their bookmarks (no cheating, lol) & we had a table vs. table quiz-type competition for small rewards. It was a fun way to introduce some of the names and terms associated with our study of Beowulf.—Stephanie N.*****
*****I purchased these bookmarks for 4 novels after downloading the Holes freebie bookmark. They are wonderful! The students refer to them frequently while reading. Struggling readers feel empowered and participate in text discussion much more often. Definitely worth the price!—Portigo P.*****
*****I have bought several of these resources, and I love seeing my students refer back to them when they have a question about a character. They are a hit!—Tara S.*****
*****I always love your bookmarks! My students do too!! They serve as AWESOME little reminders for the kids as they read.—Mellow V.*****
*****I can't wait to use these! I started buying your bookmarks when I came to 3rd grade last year. I notice a lot of titles I would also use if I make it back to 5th grade. You have a great variety of titles. My students love using these bookmarks!—Rhonda A.*****
*****I gave them to the students a couple of days before we started so they could get acquainted with the story. Thank you!***** Nancy M.
I think you’ll find my products both fun and unique! Download the FREE HOLES edition of BOOKMARKS PLUS and see for yourself!
PLEASE NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE Synonym/Antonym Crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
USE ALL THREE PRODUCTS TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Elementary editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
• The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
• Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days
• Because of Mr. Terupt
• Because of Winn-Dixie
• Beezus and Ramona
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
• The Best School Year Ever
• The BFG (Big, Friendly Giant)
• Blood on the River
• The Breadwinner
• Bridge to Terabithia
• Bud, Not Buddy
• Call It Courage
• Catherine Called Birdy
• The Cay
• Charlotte’s Web
• The Clay Marble
• The Cricket in Times Square
• Cryptid Hunters
• A Day No Pigs Would Die
• Dead End in Norvelt
• Dear Mr. Henshaw
• The Devil’s Arithmetic
• Diary of a Wimpy Kid
• Dicey’s Song
• The Egypt Game
• Esperanza Rising
• Found, Book 1: The Missing
• Freak the Mighty
• From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
• Glory Be
• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
• The Hideout
• High Elk’s Treasure
• How to Eat Fried Worms
• In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
• Island of the Blue Dolphins
• Jacob Have I Loved
• James and the Giant Peach
• Julie of the Wolves
• The Lemonade War
• The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
• Lupita Mañana
• The Magician’s Nephew
• Maniac Magee
• The Midwife’s Apprentice
• The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
• Missing May
• Moon Over Manifest
• The Mouse and the Motorcycle
• Night of the Twisters
• The Night Tourist
• Number the Stars
• Old Yeller
• The One and Only Ivan
• One Crazy Summer
• Our Town
• The Pinballs
• Ramona Quimby, Age 8
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
• Running Out of Time
• Sarah, Plain and Tall
• The Secret Garden
• Shakespeare’s Secret
• Shooting the Moon
• The Sign of the Beaver
• Sing Down the Moon
• A Single Shard
• Stone Fox
• Summer of the Monkeys
• The Tale of Despereaux
• Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
• The Tiger Rising
• The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
• Tuck Everlasting
• Vacation Under the Volcano
• The War with Grandpa
• The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
• The Westing Game
• When You Reach Me
• When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
• Where the Red Fern Grows
• The Whipping Boy
• A Wrinkle in Time
• A Year Down Yonder
Don’t see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll do my best to create one for you. I am always open to suggestions!
Check out my hundreds of other unique lit-based products! Lots of perfect filler activities for those few minutes between lessons, after tests, or at the end of the day.
Here are more unique products over THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* Bookmarks Plus: THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE--A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
* THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE: Prereading Crossword--50 words! Pair with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
* THE TRUE CONFESSIONS OF CHARLOTTE DOYLE: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!