Looking for an extension lesson about perspective and view point? Do your kids love readers' theater? Need to add some creativity and high student engagement to your lessons? This “True Story of the Three Little Pigs” Activity Bundle is exactly what you're looking for! Just print and go!
This book is a great tool for teaching many comprehension strategies that are essential in the intermediate grades. Use these lessons as mini lessons to teach the same concept with a novel, or teach these separately.
These are also great to use for Sub Plans - everything is spelled out and just needs printed!
Activities included in this packet…
1. Perspective – What did the wolf say vs. What did the pig say
2. Point of View – 1st person vs. 3rd person
3. Using Text Evidence to Support Ideas – Be the wolf’s attorney and prove that he’s not Big and Bad!
4. Comparing and Contrasting story elements – Venn Diagram
5. Similes – create similes for different things in the story
6. Summarizing – Interview the wolf and write a newspaper article
7. Character Analysis – Which fairy tale characters do you want on your jury?
8. Craftivity for Character Analysis and writing
9. Parts of Speech – word sort
10. Comprehension Questions
11.Readers’ Theater – lots of voice!
This bundle is a 20% savings of these items if you purchased them separately. Such a great deal!
This activity packet is intended for use in a single classroom. If you would like to share with a colleague, please direct them to my TpT store or purchase additional licenses for them. Refer to my TOU document in the file for specifics.
Happy Teaching! – Martha