Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.07 MB | 10 pages
What Buyers Are Saying:
---Very easy to follow. The number of questions really made students pay attention to the movie so as not to miss anything.
---Very useful and engaging.
---I teach high school and my students think "nap" when a video comes out. To my amazement they are focused with the worksheet. I like having the times on the sheet as it helps them stay on track. I hope this teacher makes more of these... _______________________________________________________________________________
Keep students on-task and engaged with this set of easy-to-use packet of Tuskegee Airmen Worksheets!
The worksheets provided here are designed to be used by students as they watch the video. Students will pay better attention and will focus in on important details as they solve the problems included in the activity.
Structure of worksheet: Key statements from the film's script are included on a worksheet, with important words or phrases blocked out. Students are to fill in the missing words or phrases as they watch the film. I have used these worksheets with my classes and have found them to be highly successful at helping students notice things that are politically/historically/culturally significant about the WWII era.
The worksheets are two pages long each and have 29 cloze (fill-in-the-blank) problems to be solved while students watch the film.
I BELIEVE IN TEACHER CONVENIENCE
Therefore, I have organized student materials in four ways so that you have a variety of options when using these Tuskegee Airmen movie worksheets in class:
1) Re-usable Student Worksheets. Make one class set and use it with multiple groups over multiple years. Save on paper, ink, and the hassle of making printouts. Answer blanks on this set are noted with the characters: ---. This is on purpose so that students do not feel they have a "blank" to write on. --- is too short to be of much use and the position of the hyphens would block their writing in any case.
2) Re-usable worksheets as above, but with timestamps included on each problem. These show students how far into the movie each key statement occurs. Depending on your class needs, you might want them to see the timestamps or not.
3) Consumable Student Worksheets. If you prefer to let students write directly on the worksheets, use the set that has answer blanks noted with the characters: ______________________________. Please note that all blanks are the same size (except when shortening a blank will help with formatting the flow of the sentence). This is to avoid giving students unintentional hints or clues about the answers. The answers can be derived only from carefully watching the film.
4) Consumable worksheets as above, but with timestamps.
TEACHER MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THESE TUSKEGEE AIRMEN WORKSHEETS
Two complete answer keys are included.
1) A contextual answer key provides the answers along with the full text of the key statement students used. This will aid the teacher in class discussions of the material. This key also includes timestamps so that you can quickly find the material in the movie, should you choose.
2) A linear list of answers that will make correcting student work much easier if you choose to have students write on their own paper.
The free preview provides the first 8 of the 29 problems as a sample. You will see all versions of student and teacher materials in the preview.