Are you ready to get started in the wonderful world of COMPUTER SCIENCE
for STEM EDUCATION
in the 21st CENTURY?
- Do you want to take difficult concepts and make them fun, exciting and easy to understand?
- Do you want to create amazing learning experiences that will forever be remembered?
- Do you want your students to develop more confidence, self-esteem and empathy?
- Do you want to encourage creativity in the classroom and be an innovator in your field of speciality?
COMPUTER SCIENCE FX
is a BUNDLE
of CREATIVE WORKSHOPS
that combines STEM
with the ARTS
to teach key principles of COMPUTER SCIENCE
and develop skills in COMPUTATIONAL THINKING
. All eBOOK
workshops are supported with VIDEO PERFORMANCES
for the ultimate STEM bundle that will forever change how you ENGAGE LEARNERS
to create RICH, RELEVANT
and MEMORABLE LEARNING EXPERIENCES!
*****SELF-WORKING, EASY TO LEARN AND ENTERTAINING TO PERFORM!*****
COMPUTER SCIENCE FX
has been specifically designed for ANYBODY
to present. After reading the notes and watching the support videos... you will be able to present these workshop WITHIN MINUTES!!
You can have great fun whilst you demonstrate your apparent super powers of mind reading, thought control and precognition! Enjoy presenting your wonderful ‘skills’ in suggestion, mathematics and memory! Imagine being able to………….
Display your skills in precognition and predict an exact match of a spectator’s selection.
- What does this have to do with binary?
Demonstrate your well-honed skills in suggestion and force all the audience to choose the same card.
- What does this have to do with artificial intelligence?
Prove that your spectator has psychic ability.
- What does this have to do with algorithms, variables and loops?
Demonstrate that you are a mathematical genius.
- What does this have to do with computer programming?
Predict a randomly generated lottery number.
- What does this have to do with social networking and info-graphics?
Building upon the natural curiosity of “How do you do that?”
every learning experience is designed around well-structured enquiry to encourage engagement and make meaning from direct experience. By giving the learner the opportunity to explore the processes involved The Computer Science FX workshops actively promote enquiry based learning that is insightful, challenging and enjoyable!
Computer Science FX STEM Bundle includes:
- Class Selection
- The Leading Ace
- Lottery Number
- Carry on Conjuring
- Random Access Memory
- Photographic Memory
- Lie Detector
- 21 Card Trick
- Are you Psychic?
- Marrakech Calculator
- Square of Fortune
- Thought Control
BONUS Classroom Activities
- Build Your Own Brain
- Applied Binary
- Lateral Thinking Games
All workshops are supported with:
- Learning Intentions
- Experiences & Outcomes
- The Presentation
- The Knowledge
- The Computer Science
- Extended Tasks
- Support Videos
All of these workshops are listed separately, so be careful not to repeat products! More info can be found from..
Aims for Computer Science FX
• Engage learners in active learning, purposeful play, interdisciplinary tasks and experience learning in practical contexts
• Encourage learners to demonstrate and apply a wide range of new skills
• Encourage learners to be aware of, and understand, the value of the skills that they are developing.
• Promote lifelong learning and encourage all leaners to reach their full potential
• Using technology in appropriate and effective ways
• Promote collaborative and independent learning
• Making frequent links across the curriculum, so that concepts and skills are developed further by being applied in different, relevant contexts
AFTER YOU PURCHASE THE eBOOK, PLEASE EMAIL JODY FOR YOUR VIDEO ACADEMY PASSWORD!
I hope you and your students can have as much fun and enjoy STEM for Computer Science as much as my students and me!
“Computer Science FX – I can’t recommend this book highly enough. The magic tricks are an excellent ‘grab’ to get pupils’ attention and the computer science is woven intelligently throughout, clearly mapped to outcomes and experiences. I have already used the 4 aces trick to get pupils writing pseudo code and using ‘IF’ statements which they are far more engaged with than traditional methods. Magic is a great motivator for pupils, and you don’t need any sleight of hand in order to perform these tricks. Everything is clearly explained in the book which I am certain I will use again and again. A great buy!” Computing Teacher
“Behind every self-working card effect lies some interesting maths and ideas used in computer science. When we break down the mechanics of a self-working magic trick we can create a well-defined list of instructions that make it work. This can be compared to algorithms that are used to design computer programs. Computer Science FX presents this in a wonderful, unique and explicit manner. For every teacher that uses this resource, there will be many more kids invested in Computer Science!"
Flummix support, reviews and more resources are available from flummix.com