Nonfiction Informational Text, FOUR INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENTS, and a balanced mix of engaging activities to teach about the history of the United States Constitution:
• U.S. Constitution nonfiction informational text-all CONTENT included!
• Questions to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Famous People: George Washington Biography
• Reference Map Skills using Number Coordinates to map the National Mall
• Compare/Contrast Expository Paragraph-we take students through Writing Process!
• U.S. Constitution Vocabulary Quizzes (2)
Students will then use the U.S. Constitution lesson content to complete FOUR Interactive Notebook Assignments (all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
• U.S. Constitution Vocabulary Organizers
• Interactive Time Lines
• Constitution History Cube
• Interactive Venn Diagram
U.S. Constitution, aligned with the 3rd-5th grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (See Preview for Standard Alignment), can be purchased separately, or save money by buying it as part of our AMERICAN GOVERNMENT INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK UNIT
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the Writing assignments and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the Preview to see the complete Lesson Plan, Common Core Alignment, samples from the lesson and activities.
MORE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING THE U.S CONSTITUTION WILL EARN YOU TPT CREDITS TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE AND GIVE US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.