Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Here is a week of no-prep, engaging lessons AND an assessment! The Articles of Confederation, Constitutional Convention and Compromises, Articles of the Constitution, Principles, Bill of Rights & a stimulus-based exam with answer key -- it's all here!
Many students struggle with the concepts and terminology of the U.S. Constitution. These lessons will support them with readings, gallery walks, graphic organizers, differentiation and videos.
I've added a word puzzle review as a bonus. There is a modified version to differentiate your review.
Here's a quick look at each day:
- Covers the Articles of Confederation, Shay's Rebellion and the Northwest Ordinance. And Editable PowerPoint walks you through warm-up, brief lecture, short video with questions, primary source analysis activity and exit ticket. Two versions of the student handout is included (one modified)
- Constitutional Compromises: This lessonincludes a group simulation, students take on the role of southern states vs. northern states to negotiate the 3 major compromises (Great Compromise, 3/5 Compromises, Commerce Compromise)
- "Meet the Constitution" introduces students to the articles of the Constitution & Checks and Balances and includes a primary source docuemnt analysis.
Google links are included for the slides and student handout.
- Principles of the Constitution. Students will engage in a Gallery Walk (or Virtual Gallery Walk) covering 6 Principles of the Constitution, discuss their findings and draw conclusions, as well as watch a video on the topic as an exit activity.
- the Bill of Rights: This can be EITHER a 2-day lesson OR 1 day and homework, depending on your timetable. It includes a modified version of the student handout and a PowerPoint to walk you through each step of the lesson.
- A Review word puzzle with modified version included.
- A stimulus-based multiple choice assessment.
*** ALL DONE FOR YOU! ***
Frequently asked questions:
How do I know exactly what I'm getting?
My previews show you everything that's in the lesson in detail. Check it out:)
What is and is not editable?
The slide presentations are editable. The student handouts are a PDF and not editable. The digital versions of the student handouts are also not editable (other than adding a textbox over existing text)
Who is this resource NOT appropriate for?
This lesson is probably too difficult for elementary students and lower middle schoolers and some lessons may be too easy for AP level 11th-12th graders.
Why should I invest my hard-earned money on this resource?
By purchasing this resource you are getting lessons that would take many hours to create. It requires absolutely no preparation and you can use it again and again.
What if I have other questions?
Feel free to ask ANY questions you may have either down below on this page or email me at email@example.com
You can get tips, tricks and free resources on my blog at teachnthrive.com
Take the ACHE out of teACHEr -- invest a few dollars to save a few hours.
-If you like the quality of my work please follow me to be alerted to new products and sales.
-Don’t forget to leave reviews on products you buy -- it PAYS YOU in TpT credits! Simply go to “my purchases” and click on “provide feedback”