Need some no prep book companion activities to go with The Ugly Pumpkin? This humorous and engaging picture book, written by Dave Horowitz, makes a great read aloud at both Halloween and Thanksgiving.
In this pack you get the following:
- 2 rhyming activities (allows you to differentiate)
- long and short vowel sorts for a, o, i, and e
- text to self connection activity
- text to text activity (comparing it to The Ugly Duckling)
- retelling ( Somebody / Wanted / But / So Then / Finally )
- Character's feelings at the beginning and end (using evidence from the story)
- Information reading about pumpkins and squash
- facts and opinions about pumpkins and squash
- 3 options for fact recording sheets
- publishing papers
Check out the Preview to take a closer look!
Hope these activities are just what you're looking for as you enjoy this delightful picture book with your kiddos!