What a deal! You get an entire school year of Element-of-the-Week PowerPoints, flashcards and quizzes for all 118 elements, five periodic table puzzles, a periodic table scrapbook project, 3 crossword puzzles, and a biochemistry WebQuest!
1) The "Element of the Week" PowerPoints will engage your secondary science students with fascinating periodic table facts and real-world applications. The slides are an engaging way to start each class. I've done all of the research for you. Just sit back, relax, and amaze your students every single day!
You get 36 weeks (an entire school year!) of lesson starters. Each week consists of:
*Meet the Element Monday!
*Where's it Found Wednesday!
*Thoughtful Innovations Thursday!
*Fun Fact Friday!
2) Your chemistry students will study element flash cards and complete 6 quizzes to assess their mastery of the element names and symbols. This document contains 18 pages of materials, and is a huge time-saver! All 118 elements (including the newly named elements) are assessed.
3) Your high school chemistry students will to review subatomic particles, ions, and isotopes as they use their periodic tables to solve five puzzles. Answer keys are also included. These make excellent bell work activities, class reviews, and homework assignments! I keep copies of the puzzles in my desk drawer, just in case I have some extra time in class that needs to be filled productively.
4) Students will research products that contain various elements of the periodic table and make a scrapbook of their findings. They will also review the major groups of the periodic table, and learn more about the atomic world around them! The 7 page scrapbook template packet and 2 page grading rubric are included.
5) These chemistry crosswords puzzles are a fun way to review the elements and the organization of the periodic table. You will get 3 crossword puzzles, plus an answer guide.
Puzzle #1: Element Names and Symbols
Puzzle #2: Getting to Know the Periodic Table
Puzzle #3: Find the Element
6) Students will visit a biochemistry website, and learn personalized information about themselves! How many atoms are in their bodies? If someone removed all of the phosphorous from their body, how many matches could they make? Students will love answering these questions with the help of a website. This worksheet consists of 25 questions, and takes about 30 minutes to complete.
This bundle consists of SIX of my other products:
Periodic Table Flashcards and QuizzesPeriodic Table Element-of-the-Week PowerPoints (Full Year!)Periodic Table Scrapbook ProjectThree Elements of the Periodic Table Crossword PuzzlesThe Making of You Biochemistry WebQuestFive Periodic Table Puzzles
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!