Are you concerned your students aren't going to enjoy reading Romeo and Juliet? Shakespeare can be challenging, but I've found success by scaffolding students' understanding of Early Modern English - in part - by preparing them to encounter some important vocabulary words in the play.
This ultimate vocabulary bundle has everything you need to engage students in meaningful interaction with their words. Through brain-based approaches, students will approach words from various learning styles and make meaningful associations that will help them to retain definitions long after they have finished reading Romeo and Juliet.
Teaching vocabulary really can be fun! Check out the specific product descriptions in each of the five mini-units included in this huge Romeo and Juliet vocabulary bundle for more information.
With each act, you will have access to:
1. an introductory presentation that teaches students about the words, the definitions, appropriate context with sentences, and visual associations
2. a note sheet that provides opportunities for students to expand upon class discussion
3. links to interesting video clips - you can show all or just a small portion - to help those visual learners further deepen their understanding
4. a game and or activity that provides meaningful and engaging play opportunities
5. a short 15-25 question quiz with answer key that can be used with or without a scantron
The entire bundle covers 33 vocabulary words from the play in depth.
Check out the specific details for each act here:
Romeo and Juliet Act 1 Vocabulary Resources
Romeo and Juliet Act 2 Vocabulary Resources
Romeo and Juliet Act 3 Vocabulary Resources
Romeo and Juliet Act 4 Vocabulary Resources
Romeo and Juliet Act 5 Vocabulary Resources
With diligent implementation, these Romeo and Juliet act-by-act vocabulary teaching resources will help you ensure your students will remember the words long after you finish the play.
Interested in more classroom-tested and tweaked materials to teach one of Shakespeare's greatest tragedies?
Act-by-Act Figurative Language and Literary Terms resource
Romeo and Juliet Reading Guide Bundle
Get Schooled! Figurative Language and Literary Terms Game
Romeo and Juliet Prologue Identification Exercise
Pyramus and Thisbe Reading Guide: Symbolism, Theme, and Connections
The Poetry Challenge
Figurative Language Truth or Dare
Poetry Journal Writing Prompts
Differentiated Vocabulary Practice Activities
Truth or Dare Vocabulary Task Cards and Choice Board
You can find more unique ELA products by visiting my store
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
© 2017 The Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.