Products in this Bundle (3)
Most students (and adults) feel week (weak?) in the knees when forced to choose which homophone is which! How do you know (no?) which word to write (right?). End that confusion with task cards, homophone worksheets, quizzes, games, foldables and more! Purchase two and get one free with the bundle! Save $5.00!
Buyers also have access to the TPT digital Overlay for each resource. Click on the "Use as a Buyer" red box to access this digital version. The "Use as a Buyer" box is NOT on this page. To access the "Use as a Buyer" button and the digital overlay, click on each individual resource in this bundle. This will take you to each individual product page. On this page you will see the "Use as a Buyer" button under the price of the resource. Teachers will be able to edit the directions to customize the resource if needed, add more pages from the original resource and more.
This resource covers the following homophones:
too, to, two
for , four
their, there, they're
scent, cent, sent
This resource includes:
- Teacher Notes
- Table of Contents
- Two sets of task cards (40 in each set) for each resource, one in high color, one in low color to accommodate printing needs. A total of 120 in high color, and 120 in low color.
- Answer keys
- Student Answer Sheets
- A total of 7 worksheets and 3 quizzes,
- Three different games
- 4 Foldables
Task cards can be used in many different ways:
1. Centers and/or stations…since task cards can be done in any
order, they are easy to share.
2. In pairs or small groups
3. Whole class
a. Quick review before going home, or to specials
b. Teacher reads question, students write answers on white
c. Use as an assessment. Task cards don’t feel like a test, so
test phobic students are more relaxed.
4. Independent work at seats
5. Send home for homework as reinforcement for students
6. Test Prep
7. Games..Use game boards and dice. Place task cards upside down above game board. As students move around board they must answer task card questions. Partners use the grading key to tell if the answer is correct. Student may only move if the answer is correct.
8. Scoot...Give one answer sheet and one task card per student. Give students 30 seconds to answer their task card question on the answer sheet. Set timer for 30 seconds again and say, "Scoot". Student leaves his/her card on their desk and move to the next seat to answer that question. When the timer dings say, "Scoot" again and students move to next seat until all cards are answered on the answer sheet.
9. Scavenger Hunt...Hide cards around the classroom. Give each student one answer sheet. Students search for cards and answer them as they are found.
10. Jenga...Number Jenga blocks to 36 (or less if you wish). Students play in groups of three-four and take turns pulling them out. Students all answer the task card number on each block on their answer sheet until the Jenga blocks tumble.
11. Exit ticket...Pass one task card to each student plus one sticky note. Students answer on the sticky note and place on board on the way out the door.
To learn more about each resource included in this bundle click on the picture above of each resource:
To receive e-mail notices of new products and receive 1/2 off during the first 48 hours, click on the "follow me" button by the green star!
If you are looking for another type of homophone resource be sure to check out:
The Ultimate Homophone Bundle by Jan Bernard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License