Are you ready to get started in the wonderful world of STEAM education for Internet Safety?
Do you want to create amazing and relevant learning experiences that will forever be remembered?
Do you want to take important concepts and make them memorable?
Do you want your students to develop more confidence, self-esteem and empathy?
Do you want to encourage creativity and innovation in the classroom?
If you answered YES to the above questions then INTERNET SAFETY FX - STEAM is the course for you!
This course is a collection of creative workshops that have been specifically designed to develop knowledge and understanding about the dangers faced online. It is the ultimate STEAM BUNDLE that provides memorable learning experiences that will help your learners make informed choices whilst online.
INTERNET SAFETY FX - STEAM is designed to develop presentation and practical skills that can be applied to:
- Internet Safety
- Staying in Control
- Cyber Bullying
- Location Services.
Solving magic tricks is about computational thinking and performing magic tricks encourages interaction, self-confidence, concentration and empathy. Self-working magic tricks are the perfect platform for developing a wide range of skills including problem solving, creativity and higher order thinking.
By giving the learner the opportunity to explore the processes involved, INTERNET SAFETY FX - STEAM encourages learning over a range of contexts.
They are designed to inform learners about for the dangers online by combining skills-based-learning with key areas of the Internet Safety curriculum.... in a unique, memorable and magical way!
INTERNET SAFETY FX – STEAM actively promotes enquiry based learning that is insightful, relevant, challenging, enjoyable and most importantly, memorable!
• Literacy across learning
• Numeracy across learning
• Technology across learning
• Thinking skills across learning
• Health and wellbeing across learning
• Personal learning planning and career management
• Working with others
• Physical co-ordination and movement
• Enterprise and employability
All magic tricks are ‘self-working’, easy to learn and entertaining to perform. There is no sleight of hand or difficult ‘moves’. They have been specifically designed for anybody to perform! After watching the support videos, you will be able to perform them within minutes!
• Engage learners in active learning, purposeful play, interdisciplinary tasks and experience learning in practical contexts
• Encourage learners to demonstrate and apply a wide range of new skills
• Encourage learners to be aware of, and understand, the value of the skills that they are developing.
• Promote lifelong learning and encourage all leaners to reach their full potential
• Using technology in appropriate and effective ways
• Promote collaborative and independent learning
• Making frequent links across the curriculum, so that concepts and skills are developed further by being applied in different, relevant contexts
Building upon the natural curiosity of “How do you do that?” every learning experience is designed around well-structured enquiry to encourage engagement and make meaning from direct experience. By giving the learner the opportunity to explore the processes involved, INTERNET SAFETY FX - STEAM, workshops actively promote enquiry based learning that is insightful, challenging and enjoyable!
The course is a collection of workshops that can be delivered individually or collectively as a full course. All workshops have learning outcomes, supporting video and activities that are brought together by the learning of a magic trick. The comprehensive lesson plan for each unit is provided as a PDF download.
I hope you and your students can have as much fun and enjoy INTERNET SAFETY FX - STEAM as much as my students and me!
Preview videos available from Flummix
All the best,