Are you ready to get started in the wonderful world of STEAM education for Computer Science?
Do you want to create amazing learning experiences that will forever be remembered?
Do you want to take difficult concepts and make them fun, exciting and easy to understand?
Do you want your students to develop more confidence, self-esteem and empathy?
Do you want to encourage creativity in the classroom and be an innovator in your field of speciality?
Computer Science FX is the ultimate STEAM BUNDLE that will forever change how you engage learners to create rich, relevant and memorable learning experiences.
Computer Science FX is a collection of creative workshops that combines STEM with The Arts to teach key principles of computer science and develop skills in computational thinking.
All magic tricks are ‘self-working’, easy to learn and entertaining to perform. There is no sleight of hand or difficult ‘moves’. They have been specifically designed for anybody to perform! After watching the support videos, you will be able to perform them within minutes!
You can have great fun whilst you demonstrate your apparent super powers of mind reading, thought control and precognition! Enjoy presenting your wonderful ‘skills’ in suggestion, mathematics and memory! Imagine being able to………….
Display your skills in precognition and predict an exact match of a spectator’s selection.
- What does this have to do with binary?
Demonstrate your well-honed skills in suggestion and force all the audience to choose the same card.
- What does this have to do with artificial intelligence?
Prove that your spectator has psychic ability.
- What does this have to do with algorithms, variables and loops?
Demonstrate that you are a mathematical genius.
- What does this have to do with computer programming?
Predict a randomly generated lottery number.
- What does this have to do with social networking and info-graphics?
Building upon the natural curiosity of “How do you do that?” every learning experience is designed around well-structured enquiry to encourage engagement and make meaning from direct experience. By giving the learner the opportunity to explore the processes involved The Computer Science FX workshops actively promote enquiry based learning that is insightful, challenging and enjoyable!
STEAM Bundle includes:
- Class Selection
- The Leading Ace
- Lottery Number
- Carry on Conjuring
- Random Access Memory
- Photographic Memory
- Lie Detector
- 21 Card Trick
- Are you Psychic?
- Marrakech Calculator
- Square of Fortune
- Thought Control
- Build Your Own Brain
- Applied Binary
- Lateral Thinking Games
All workshops are supported with: Learning Intentions, Experiences & Outcomes, The Presentation (and support video), The Knowledge, The Computer Science and Extended Tasks.
All of these products are listed separately, so be careful not to repeat products.
Aims for Computer Science FX
• Engage learners in active learning, purposeful play, interdisciplinary tasks and experience learning in practical contexts
• Encourage learners to demonstrate and apply a wide range of new skills
• Encourage learners to be aware of, and understand, the value of the skills that they are developing.
• Promote lifelong learning and encourage all leaners to reach their full potential
• Using technology in appropriate and effective ways
• Promote collaborative and independent learning
• Making frequent links across the curriculum, so that concepts and skills are developed further by being applied in different, relevant contexts
I hope you and your students can have as much fun and enjoy STEAM for Computer Science as much as my students and me!
“Computer Science FX – I can’t recommend this book highly enough. The magic tricks are an excellent ‘grab’ to get pupils’ attention and the computer science is woven intelligently throughout, clearly mapped to outcomes and experiences. I have already used the 4 aces trick to get pupils writing pseudo code and using ‘IF’ statements which they are far more engaged with than traditional methods. Magic is a great motivator for pupils, and you don’t need any sleight of hand in order to perform these tricks. Everything is clearly explained in the book which I am certain I will use again and again. A great buy!” Computing Teacher
Preview videos available from Flummix