This PowerPoint works great with Florida Civics Standard SS.7.C.4.3.
This PowerPoint will guide students to a basic understanding of:
World War I
World War II
Iran Hostage Crisis
Gulf War I
Gulf War II
Bay of Pigs
Cuban Missile Crisis
- a review of the role of the President and Congress in foreign conflicts
- the details and outcomes of each war or event
- plenty of pictures, maps, political cartoons, and charts!
- higher order questions that tie into other Civics topics (freedom of speech, systems of government, foreign policy, etc.)
- opportunities for students to recognize patterns (US v. communism, US v. dictatorships)
- four multiple choice questions of varying difficulties to practice for the Civics EOC
- a quick writing prompt to summarize the lesson
In my classroom, I had to squeeze this PowerPoint into 2 days, but it could easily extend into 3 class periods.
Please check out my other listings and follow my store!
Remember Buyers! You receive one TPT Credit for every dollar you spend. You only get the Credits after you provide feedback (rating and comment). You can use those Credits to reduce the cost of future purchases!