This student packet contains 4-7 pages for each lesson on:
1. Where is the United States located?: A look at continents, North America, the equator, the prime meridian, and latitude and longitude
2. Physical Characteristics of the United States: mountains, deserts, rivers, lakes
3. Human Characteristics of the United States: positive and negative consequences of human characteristics, relation to natural characteristics, cities, and highways
4. Using Special Purpose Maps to Learn about the United States: analyzing elevation maps, temperature maps, precipitation maps, climate data chart, and population density map
5. US Regions: climate regions, landform regions, the 5 regions of the US
6. Comparing Two Regions of the US: a closer look at the Midwest and Northeast regions
7. Describing the Geography of the United States: synthesizing all lessons
Each lesson contains maps, written prompts, and higher-level thinking questions.
Each lesson aligns with the 4th grade MC3 social studies unit 2, The United States in Spatial Terms, and can be used as an independent work companion to the unit.