"Dost thou love life ? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." Benjamin Franklin (American statesman ~ 1706 - 1790)
Here is a clear, concise explanation of the use of tú / usted in Spanish with background information on how these forms used to exist in the English language - as in Benjamin Franklin's quote using 'thou' - but have disappeared over time.
I show this on the overhead projector, having a student read each point out loud, then point no. 15 is a practice exercise to be done orally in class.
Included here are:
1) An overhead explanation of background information on when to use tú and usted
2) An oral practice activity
3) Tarea 1 ~ A ready-to-use homework assignment
to practice the difference in these forms of address
4) An answer key for Tarea 1
5) Tarea 2 ~ A ready-to-use homework assignment
to reinforce the difference in these forms of address
6) An answer key for Tarea 2
7) A test on using these two forms of address appropriately
8) An answer key for the test
9) Mi Cuaderno
~ a notebook check sheet so students stay organized.
Everything is classroom-ready to make your job easier. (15 pages)
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Gracias
* OF SPECIAL NOTE *
I have created my products as Word documents because that is how I use them. They are unlocked so teachers can change vocabulary words or modify things if they wish.
If you prefer a different format for the overhead, below are some suggestions, however, you may have to insert the pictures by hand.
To Make A Slide Show In ActivInspire
If you use ActivInspire, you can save the Word document as a pdf (this is easily done with the newer versions of Word), then you can simply import the pdf to ActivInspire and have a document for that format.
To Make A Slide Show In PowerPoint
If you prefer to use the PowerPoint format, you can easily convert a Word document to a PowerPoint.
This link explains it clearly: 'Creating A PowerPoint From A Word Document.'
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & school clubs & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more time-saving resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For Spanish
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For Spanish
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For Spanish
Prefer a savings ?
* Spanish * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For Spanish
* Tissue Box * Project For Spanish Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* The Color Game For Spanish .. ¡ Atención ! This can get pretty exciting. ..
* The Use of tú * usted in Spanish
* Telling Time * Pac For Spanish
* Menu * Project For Spanish Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night ..
* Practice * Pac ~ saber y conocer
Customs & Life in Hispanic Countries
* 50 Fascinating Facts About Hispanic Countries ~ Set 1
* 50 Fascinating Facts About Hispanic Countries ~ Set 2
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For Spanish
.. Nice for El Día de Todos los Santos. ..
* Christmas * Pac For French Class
* El Día de San Valentín ♥ Pac For Spanish Class
* Carta de ♥ San Valentín For Spanish Class
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For Spanish
.. Perfect for El Día de la Madre ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Grammar * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For Spanish Class ~ Set 2
* Food * Activity ~ Pass The Plate For Spanish Class
* Proverb * Pac For Spanish Class
* The Food * Pac For Spanish Class
* Festival * del Chocolate For Spanish Class
* Household * Chores Activities For Spanish
* The Doctor * Is In For Spanish Class
* The Weather * Pac For Spanish
* Verb Activity * Pac For Spanish
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For Spanish
* Chutes And Ladders Verb * Project For Spanish Class
* Country Map * Project For Spanish Class
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For Spanish
> .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For Spanish
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For Spanish Class
* Monster * Project For Spanish Class
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For Spanish Teachers
* Calendar Activities * Pac For Spanish Class
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For Spanish ~ Set 1
* Rick Steves Spain ~ Preguntas de Cine For Spanish Class
* Feature * Film ~ La Bamba
* Feature * Film ~ Selena
* Feature * Film ~ La Misma Luna
* Feature * Film ~ The 33
* Feature * Film ~ El Abuelo The Grandfather
* Feature * Film ~ The Blue Diner
* Feature * Film ~ Antonio Banderas: Hollywood Conquistador
* Feature * Film ~ The Mask of Zorro
* Feature * Film ~ Sweet 15
* Feature * Film ~ Argentina
* Feature * Film ~ Stand and Deliver
* Feature * Film ~ McFarland USA
* Feature * Film ~ Don Quixote
* Feature * Film ~ The Perfect Game
* Feature * Film ~ The Devil's Miner
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your Spanish Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
JUST FOR FUN
* The Mystery * Bingo Book Club . . Ideal if you like to read mystery stories ! . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn feedback credits each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just go to www.TeachersPayTeachers.com and login, then click on ~
* My TpT (at the top right)
* My Purchases ~ find the appropriate title from the list
* Provide Feedback (under the product title and author's name)
and continue from there.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *