"Buy what thou hast no need of and ere long thou shalt sell thy necessities." Benjamin Franklin (American statesman ~ 1706 - 1790)
Here is a clear, concise explanation of the use of tu / vous in French
with background information on how these forms used to exist in the English language - as in Benjamin Franklin's quote using 'thou' and 'thy' - but have disappeared over time.
I show this on the overhead projector, having a student read each point out loud, then point no. 15 is a practice exercise to be done orally in class.
Included here are:
1) An overhead explanation in English of background information and when to use tu and vous
2) An oral practice activity
3) Devoirs 1 ~ A ready-to-use homework assignment
to practice the difference in these forms of address
4) An answer key for Devoirs 1
5) Devoirs 2 ~ A ready-to-use homework assignment
to reinforce the difference in these forms of address
6) An answer key for Devoirs 2
7) A test on using these two forms of address appropriately
8) An answer key for the test
9) A Mon Cahier
~ notebook check sheet so students stay organized.
Everything is classroom-ready to make your job easier. (17 pages)
* EXPANSION ACTIVITY *
on Comme une Française
has some interesting comments about the French language & life in France. Here she talks ~
* Tu or Vous ? *
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Merci.
* OF SPECIAL NOTE *
I have created my products as Word documents because that is how I use them. They are unlocked so teachers can change vocabulary words or modify things if they wish.
If you prefer a different format for the overhead, below are some suggestions, however, you may have to insert the pictures by hand.
To Make A Slide Show In ActivInspire
If you use ActivInspire, you can save the Word document as a pdf (this is easily done with the newer versions of Word), then you can simply import the pdf to ActivInspire and have a document for that format.
To Make A Slide Show In PowerPoint
If you prefer to use the PowerPoint format, you can easily convert a Word document to a PowerPoint.
This link explains it clearly: 'Creating A PowerPoint From A Word Document.'
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Too little time for all your preps & grading & meetings & planning & PD ?
If you're looking for more time-saving resources, you may be interested in these other items in my store:
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Sub * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For French
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For French
Prefer a savings ?
* French * Class Bundle ~ $7.00 for 7 ready-to-use resources
Or why not create your own special bundle ?
* Wish * List Bundle
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For French
* Tissue * Box Project For French Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* A Light History Of The English Language For French Class
* The Color * Game For French Class .. Attention ! This can get pretty exciting ! ..
* The Use of tu * vous In French
* Telling Time * Pac For French Class
* Le Passé Composé * Pac ~ Activities For French Class
* Menu * Project For French Class
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Card Game * Pac For French Class
* Wordle Activity * Pac For French .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital 'E' ! ..
* Practice * Pac ~ savoir et connaître
Customs & Life in France
* Wedding * Customs In France .. Nice to talk about a few days before La St.-Valentin. ..
* School * Pac For French
* Le Marquis de Lafayette * Pac
* Julia Child * Fabled French Chef
* Coco Chanel * Pac
* Coco Chanel * Trivia Game
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For French
.. Nice for La Toussaint. ..
* Christmas * Pac For French Class
* La St.-Valentin ♥ Pac For French Class
* Carte de St.-Valentin ♥ For French Class
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For French
.. Perfect for La Fête des Mères en mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For French 1
* Loto * Pac For French .. Review more than just numbers with this fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Proverb * Pac For French Class
* The Doctor * Is In For French Class
* Food Activity ~ Pass The Plate For French Class
* The Food * Pac For French Class
* Crossword Puzzle * Pac For French .. Perfect homework assignment to reinforce new vocabulary. ..
* Bulletin * Board Bonanza For French Teachers
* The Weather * Pac For French
* The Calendar Activities * Pac For French Class
* Battleship * Pac For French .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* Monster * Project For French Class
* Chutes and Ladders Verb * Project For French Class
* Country Map * Project For French Class
.. Easy for French 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* End-of-Year Review * Activities For French
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 1
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 2
* Grammar * Pac For French Class ~ Set 3
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For French Class
* Household Chores * Activities For French
* Geography * Pac For French Class
* Verb Activity * Pac For French
* La Fête du Chocolat
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For French .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP French students. ..
* Photo Scavenger * Hunt For French Class
.. Perfect for after the AP French Exam or for upper level students. ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 1
* Movie * Pac For French ~ Set 2
* Feature * Film ~ Les Misérables .. You'll be on the edge of your seat till the very end. ..
* Rick Steves France * Ciné-Feuilles For French Class
* Feature * Film ~ Coco Avant Chanel
* Feature * Film ~ The Man In The Iron Mask
* Feature * Film ~ Chocolat
* Feature * Film ~ The Monuments Men
* Burt Wolf ~ Ticino, Switzerland
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. Good way to touch upon a different language area of Switzerland. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Influenza 1918
* Feature * Film ~ Joyeux Noël Merry Christmas
* Feature * Film ~ The Day of the Jackal
* Feature * Film ~ The Fabulous World of Fabergé
* Feature * Film ~ The Great War Christmas Truce
* Feature * Film ~ War Horse
* Feature * Film ~ Bizet's Dream
* Feature * Film ~ Cyrano de Bergerac
* PLEASE NOTE
If you don't have a movie in your personal film collection, your local public library may have it or be able to get it for you on the interlibrary loan from a nearby library system.
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* Flashback * Pac ~ Grammar Review For Students of French, German, Italian, Spanish
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Alphabet Games * Pac For French, German, Italian, Spanish
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game For French, German, Italian, Spanish
.. Perfect fun activity in February for your French Club. ..
* Eponym Activity For French, German, Italian, Spanish .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
JUST FOR FUN
* The Mystery * Bingo Book Club . . Ideal if you like to read mystery stories ! . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn feedback credits each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just go to www.TeachersPayTeachers.com and login, then click on ~
* My TpT (at the top right)
* My Purchases ~ find the appropriate title from the list
* Provide Feedback (under the product title and author's name)
and continue from there.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *