Also included in
- Grab a month’s worth of meaningful Halloween activities for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use Halloween picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoying s$5.95$7.80Save $1.85
- Vocabulary Curriculum Bundle: 12 months of Jargon Journal vocabulary curriculum!Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary program tied to picture books. This BUNDLE is for the following vocabulary curriculum sets. See each set's listing to see what books are included.August Bundle (Back to School)Septem$49.95$99.55Save $49.60
Looking for a meaningful seasonal activity this Halloween? This week-long resource uses the book The Vanishing Pumpkin by Tony Johnston to teach 4 tier 2 vocabulary words. This low-prep routine is easy to implement and will help your students master new vocabulary.
This unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
Note: While this unit complements the book The Vanishing Pumpkin by Tony Johnston, it does not provide the text and the book is not required for utilizing the materials.
In this unit, students are introduced to 4 new vocabulary words in the read-aloud book (optional). Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Students love this method of acquiring new vocabulary and you’ll be amazed at how well they retain the words!
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
“Jargon Journals are a wonderful way to bring vocabulary work into your classroom and we all really enjoyed this book.” - Trulie H. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
“This is still my favorite thing to do with the kids each day. They love finding the words everywhere. Lots of positive parent feedback too!” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Bundle & Save!
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.