"The Veldt" is a classic story by Ray Bradbury. It centers on a family who has allowed technology to take over the rearing of their children, and the horrible consequences. My students are engaged fully in the reading of this science fiction tale.
My study includes
1. Close reading with the questions in annotation style.
2. Vocabulary is embedded within the questions as they appear in the text.
3. Literary analysis is embedded within the questions as the elements appear.
4. The text analysis is intended to help students think deeply about text.
5. After reading, twenty vocabulary words from the text are presented in questions that require students to make a deeper connection with the word and the story.
6. I have included possible answers for the vocabulary writing activity in case you need to help your students find some possible connections.
7. A vocabulary test with questions in a short reading passage.
8. A comprehension test.
9. All activities have answer keys.
"The Veldt" A Short Story to Teach Literacy Standards
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License