The Velveteen Rabbit Differentiated Reading Passages tell the entire story! Six one-page texts have been differentiated at three reading levels, making this timeless tale accessible and appropriate for all of your students. Your entire class can now read the novel at one low price.
• “Christmas Morning”
• “The Skin Horse Tells His Story”
• “Spring Time”
• “Summer Days”
• “Anxious Times”
• “The Fairy Flower”
Levels of Differentiation:
• Adaptation A - These versions were adapted for older students or those reading at a higher level.
• Adaptation B - Level B is suitable for average readers.
• Adaptation C - This level is accessible by younger students or those reading at a lower level.
Each page is available as a printable file, in a companion website for online reading, and as a digital PDF (perfect for sharing and online annotation).
• Hard Copies - Printable texts for each story are included in this file.
• Website - When you share the website URL with your students, they can read the stories online. It’s perfect for the paperless classroom.
• Digital PDFs - Individual PDFs of each story are also attached to the website. This way, you may share a story’s URL with your students. They may use PDF annotation apps (such as Xodo) to highlight and write on the digital text. You also have permission to attach the file to your classroom website. (This is allowed only on closed, nonpublic sites.)
The Velveteen Rabbit
or How Toys Become Real
, was written by Margery Williams and illustrated by William Nicholson. Published in 1922, it is now in the public domain.
Are you looking for more differentiated reading passages? Check out Just So Stories
by Rudyard Kipling.