Enjoy some math fun after reading aloud The Very Hungry Caterpillar with this easy to use packet of number activities, printables and math center resources! The activities are appropriate for Kindergarten and some 1st grade students.
Help children develop their understanding of number and practise using basic operations.
- Order caterpillar's numbers (cut and paste activities) : forwards within 10, backwards within 10, forwards within 20, backwards within 20
- Jigsaw type puzzles: numeral to amount 1-10, number word to amount 1-10
- Roll, Solve, Cover! (maths center game) : numerals and amounts, adding two single digits within 12, adding 1 to a single digit, subtracting 1 from a single digit
- Making numbers (cut and paste activities) : adding two single digits to make a given number: 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10
- Solve and Sort (solve, write, then cut and paste activities) : addition within 10 (less than 5, 5 or more) Subtraction within 10 (less than 5, 5 or more) Addition within 20 (less than 10, 10 or more) Subtraction within 20 (less than 10, 10 or more)
- Roll and Solve (writing solutions) : +1/-1, +2 and +3, + to ten/- from ten, blank addition/subtraction, addition doubles.
**Now includes a matching pairs game (amounts)**
Color and blackline versions included. (so 44 pages x2)
Check out our other fun math packets inspired by children's books:
The Day The Crayons Quit Math Activities
Chicka Chicka 123 Math Activities
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License