Also included in
- This resource is perfect for an interactive distance learning activity. Kids have really enjoyed doing yoga with their teachers while at home. Parents can participate too!!!!Who doesn't love Eric Carle? This bundle of 2 contains Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr. and The V$7.00$10.00Save $3.00
- If you are looking for activities to go with some of your Eric Carle books, you came to the right place! I love Eric Carle books so much -- the topics (both educational and emotional) as well as the artwork make his books some of my favorites for my Yogalore classes. There is so much in this bundle$19.00$24.00Save $5.00
- A few of the card sets have other activities and some partner poses (but not all).This bundle includes yoga pose & movement cards for the following Eric Carle illustrated books: The Very Quiet Cricket, The Grouchy Ladybug, Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too?, Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See$31.00$44.00Save $13.00
- Who doesn't love Eric Carle* books? The beautiful illustrations and simplicity of his stories really speak to both children and adults. Bring a new element of learning to your lesson plans with yoga! Studies have shown that teaching during movement helps strengthen learning, improve memory and retri$59.85$85.50Save $25.65
- This MEGA BUNDLE of children's yoga poses will change the way you teach your class (for the better!) You'll have yoga cards and other activities for many of the most popular themes in early education. Bringing yoga into your classroom can dramatically change the dynamic of your class. It's an educat$149.00$224.00Save $75.00
- If you're looking for some activities to go with The Very Hungry Caterpillar, look no further! Memory GameClassic memory game inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.12 images on one page; 2 pages of images; print two copies of each page for the memory game, for a total of 48 cards.Pre$5.60$7.00Save $1.40
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is one of my favorite children's books of all time! I wanted to create a Very Hungry Caterpillar activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten, and first grade that could either stand alone as it's own activity (the yoga poses themselves), or go along seamlessly with Eric Carle's charming story of caterpillar to beautiful butterfly. If you are looking for a way to make learning fun, this is it!!!!
I have included a complete lesson plan with suggestions for all the Yogalore components, but have also included cards for you to customize this pose card set for your needs.
This pose card set comes with 40 cards total, 20 including individual yoga cards (a few cards have more than one pose for the sun salutation), a partner yoga pose and group activity that relates to caterpillars and butterflies. I also included yoga poses to demonstrate the butterfly life cycle.
The cards consist of photos with children doing yoga poses. Some poses have factoids about the object in the poses/give tips while doing the pose.
Other Suggestions for Use:
1. For physical activity on a rainy or inclement day
2. As a break between tests or focused activity
3. As a focusing activity prior to testing
4. Time filler between activities
5. A lesson plan for a substitute
6. A "just in case" activity to have on hand
7. For a class-motivating activity; end-of-the-day activity
9. For a more one-on-one activity, in a therapeutic setting
10. As a family activity to do at home
Ways To Organize:
*Keep them uncut and put in sheet protectors (this is what I do -- I print 16 on a page and use them at-a-glance during my classes, but I also have a set to use with the children)
*Cut and store in a recipe-type storage box
*Cut and keep on a ring for easy access and usage
*Cut and laminate for durability
*You can also download to your tablet/mobile device to always have on hand in addition to/instead of printing.
Yoga has so many benefits, including but not limited to:
*Relaxes and alleviates stress
*Builds self-confidence and self-esteem
*Increases physical activity
*Builds strength, balance, and coordination
*Increases ability to focus
*Increases body awareness and overall muscle tone
Studies have shown that teaching during movement helps strengthen learning, improve memory and retrieval of information and increase motivation and morale!!!!
*****Printing Tips & Options*******
Each card is approximately 3.75"W x 4.75"H in size (designed for 4 cards fit on a standard 8.5" x 11" piece of paper). If you want more than one large image per page when printing, you MUST change your printer settings. You can adjust the size in your printer settings to customize the cards for your needs. The reason I only have one image per page is to ensure better quality images when printing.
You can print more on a page for smaller cards (drop down menu in "More settings" where it says "Pages per sheet") and it will give you other options for how many cards you would like on a sheet.
Thank you for visiting my listing!
If you have a question, please contact me -- I'm happy to answer any questions or clarify something.
Farmers' Market/Gardening/Vendor Dramatic Play
Spring Theme Yoga & Movement Cards
The Grouchy Ladybug: Yoga & Movement Cards
Bug/Insect Theme: Yoga Pose Cards, Lesson Plan, Activity Sheets & More BUNDLE
Safari Theme: Yoga Pose Cards, Lesson Plan, Posters & More BUNDLE
Copyright © 2021 Yogalore, LLC. All rights reserved by the author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Do not redistribute. Copying ANY part of this resource and placing it on the Internet is strictly forbidden. This is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act