A book a week: The Very Ordinary Butterfly by Gary Fleming
Read the book daily for a week and complete a activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing – students cut and sequence story events – 2 versions available (1 harder and 1 easier).
2. Retell – students retell the story – 2 formats (beg/middle/end OR paragraph retell) – retell also included in sheet below.
3. Understanding Text – author, illustrator, fiction or non-fiction etc. Weaker students can draw and stronger students can write. I suggest you enlarge this page as there are a lot of characters for students to draw/write.
4. Multiple Choice Comprehension
5. Writing – students write down what the Caterpillar and the Tree Frog said to each other.
6. Suffix Work – students add suffixes to base words to make story words. They then circle base words.
7. Cloze activity – comprehension
8. Bumper word search
9. Butterfly Facts poster
10. Mini Report Writing template – 2 options… one for writing, the other for drawing. Use the poster as a reference for these sheets.
11. Display Sign – making a class display board showcasing students’ work? Print off this sign and laminate, then display.
SORRY - I could not get my hands on clip art for a Cuscus... so it's not included in these sheets.... if I find one I'll include it and update!
All activities were created with early Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!
Come find me on Facebook - just search for "Miss Simplicity's Classroom"