This is a great resource to introduce, teach and display the reading and spelling rules of the vowel sounds of Y.
The colorful anchor charts can be displayed within your classroom and will allow your students to use the charts as a reference when writing, reading and spelling.
This packet includes a chart for each of the six rules.
1.Y makes its consonant sound at the beginning of words
2. Short i: Y makes the short i in the middle of a syllable
3. Long i: Y makes the long i at the end of a word or syllable if it is the only vowel in the word or syllable.
4. Long e: Y usually makes the long e sound at the end of a word after a consonant if there is another vowel
5. Y makes the short u sound.
6. Silent: Y is always silent at the end of a word after a or e