The War with Grandpa Book Unit contains graphic organizers for an interactive notebook and printables covering vocabulary, comprehension questions, constructed response writing, and skill practice to use with your novel study of The War with Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith.
This packet includes the following:
Lesson Plans at a Glance
• Vocabulary List (24 focus words)
• Vocabulary Bookmarks
• Vocabulary Word Cards
• Vocabulary Practice Booklet (12 page booklet)
• Vocabulary Test
• 12 Comprehension Quizzes with Multiple Choice, Sequencing, Matching, and Short Answer
• 14 Constructed Writing Questions/Aligned to the Common Core State Standards
Language Arts and Reading Skills
Author, Robert Kimmel Smith, decided to tell the story in The War with Grandpa from an unusual perspective. In the first chapter, the main character, Peter, is asked to write a story by his English teacher. The rest of the book is the story Peter has written.
To make the book feel like it was written by a fifth grader, it includes grammar and spelling mistakes. Many of the language arts lessons will focus on the mistakes Peter made while writing.
• Skill #1 ~ Stringy and Run-on Sentences Organizer & Practice
• Skill #2 ~ Sentence vs. Fragment & Clauses Organizers & Correcting Sentences Practice
• Skill #3 ~ Homophones/Homographs - Organizer & Games
• Skill #4 ~ Comma Rules – Graffiti Notes & Practice
• Context Clues Organizers
• Context Clues Task Cards
• Figurative Language Organizers
• Figurative Language Response Cards
Please download the preview for a closer look.
°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆*”˜˜”*°
If you are looking for additional book units, click here to see the full list of ★available titles.