Also included in
- Includes TpT Digital Activities for Google Classroom remote learning.Integrate Real-World STEM in your classroom during April with Earth Day Read Aloud STEM Challenges! Teach students about the importance of taking care of the environment, recycling, and more! Upcycle a Plastic Bag, Engineer a Solar$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
- Includes TpT Digital Tool Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year with READ ALOUD STEM Volume One! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engine$100.00$158.00Save $58.00
Includes TpT Digital Activities Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!
Integrate Real-World STEM in your classroom and engage kids in a real world problem.
Learn about Water Filtration with this Earth Day STEM Activity! Students learn about the water crisis and water pollution affecting nearly 1 billion people around the world and explore how water filters and other solutions can help.
Connect to a Read Aloud: The Water Princess
This STEM Project is a companion activity to The Water Princess by Susan Verde. The book explores the reality of how people walk for water every day.
Take students through the STEM Process!
Students observe different ways to filter water. They test different types of filters to see which ones work best.
An opinion writing activity is included as a follow up for students to write about which materials they think work best for filtering water.
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM teachers, elementary librarians, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
Note from Carly and Adam on this STEM Challenge:
This activity engages students by connecting them to kids of another culture, and educating them on a current world crisis. While many STEM activities are designed with 'fun' in mind, this one requires a certain level of seriousness. It is created with elementary students in mind, and we believe we can inspire them through this.
We do not earn money on this resource. We donate 100% to Ryan's Well.
Donations raised for Ryan's Well as of November 1, 2019: $1265
- Clear Cups
- Various Filter Ideas: Coffee Filter, Paper Towels, Dryer sheets, Toilet Paper, etc.
- The Water Princess by Susan Verde (Recommended)
- Teacher Instructions
- Student STEM Journal
- Student Instructions
- Student Water Filter STEM Activity
- Student Reflection Sheet
- Writing Activity
- TpT Digital Activity for Distance Learning with Google Classroom