A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and lots of video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit or homework assignments.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 242 slide presentation that covers a wide rage of issues. I combined several chapters worth of information and just covered the major points for this presentation.. This particular power point covers the Old west, immigration at the turn of the century, and inventions (including sports!). I have also included an extensive amount of pictures and video clips related to the decade that I have edited together. These are great visual examples that go along with the material and you can pick and choose what you like.
- Four days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1 - Conflict on the Great Plains
- Sand Creek, Wounded Knee, and the Battle of Little Bighorn
Day 2 - Geronimo, Cowboys, and the New Immigrants
- the end of armed Native-American resistance, cattle ranching, and new immigration at the turn of the century (Ellis/Angel Island)
Day 3 - Immigrants and Tycoons
- New life for immigrants in the United States, Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, and the impact they had on the U.S.
Day 4 - Time Zones, Inventions, and Sports
- Edison, the Wright Brothers, and Baseball/Football/Basketball
In addition to the notes you will also get these documents which can be used for assignments, notebook checks, or assessments
- Big Business and Labor Unions Homework - Students need to research the Tycoons of the era and the impact of organized labor.
- Family History Project - a project in which the students dive into their family background. You can choose to have them present this in class or just turn it in.
- Web Quest - hyperlinks included with articles and questions related to the unit
- A quiz w/ key - for this the students will only need to study the notes to be prepared. The quiz is 5 multiple choice questions, 5 fill-in-the blank, 5 true/false, and 5 definitions
Thank you very much for considering this product! Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes:
Contact and Colonization Bundle
The 13 Colonies Bundle
American Revolution Bundle
George Washington-James Madison Bundle
The Antebellum Period Bundle
The Civil War Bundle
Reconstruction Bundle (FREE)
The West, Immigration, and Invention Bundle
U.S. Imperialism and Progressive Era Bundle
World War I Bundle
1930s Great Depression/New Deal Bundle
World War II Bundle
The Start of the Cold War and 1950s Bundle