THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER STUDENTS HAVE READ THE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from THE WESTING GAME. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! See the preview for examples.
MORE ELEMENTARY EDITIONS OF WORD MERGES!
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil's Arithmetic
* The Egypt Game
* In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* The Midwife’s Apprentice
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Sarah, Plain and Tall
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Tuck Everlasting
* The Watsons Go to Birmingham--1963
* The Westing Game
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Here are my unique products over THE WESTING GAME. They are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
* THE WESTING GAME edition of Bookmarks Plus: These handy little reading aids help students keep track of characters, provide definitions for challenging words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy little reading aids
* THE WESTING GAME: Analogy Vocabulary Crossword--Different! Students first receive a thorough explanation of synonym and antonym analogies and then solve analogies that include 30 challenging words from the book.
* THE WESTING GAME: Characters’ First Names Word Search with Hidden Phrase! Includes first names of 26 characters; hidden message is MYSTERY NOVEL.
* THE WESTING GAME: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!