The following is a five week unit designed to teach students the story arch of the Bible. During the study, students will encounter a variety of passages in the Bible that reveal God’s amazing plan of reconciling the world to him.
They will see that from the beginning to the very end he has and will orchestrate history to accomplish this goal. The Study is designed to be done in small groups. Pair students up in small groups of 3-4, have them discuss the questions, and then discuss with the entire class to fill in the gaps.
Over the course of the study the students will...
1. Recognize that Jesus is the Protagonist in the Bible’s story from Genesis all the way to Revelation.
2. Identify and Outline the four major components of the Bible’s story Line: Creation, Fall, Redemption, and Restoration.
3. Examine the reasons Jesus came to rescue humanity.
4. Analyze God’s unique solution to the human problem of sin through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. Discover God’s plan to restore all of creation.
6. Assess how the God’s involvement in the past, present, and future impacts the way they live today.