The Wild Christmas Reindeer, a yearly favorite among my students, offer such opportunities for holiday learning and fun! This fun unit includes 8 activities to accompany this great book. They are:
- Character Snapshot: Students identify Teeka's character traits at the beginning and end of the story.
- Details...Details…Details: Students identify major events in the story and summarize them with supporting details.
- Travel to Norway:This is a research project in which students create a non-fiction travel brochure for Norway.
- What’s in a Name: Another vocabulary lesson in which students discuss the meaning behind names.
- Random Acts of Kindness: A craftivity to encourage students to think of and act on acts of kindness.
- Vocabulary: Vocabulary practice for words from the story with an accompanying crossword puzzle.
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer Dictionary Skills: Guide word and definition practice for story vocabulary/
- An Elf’s Life: A writing project from an elf's point of view.
- A short quiz that includes matching, multiple choice, and constructed response questions.
Updated on 11/21/2016!
Save money with the entire bundle! Buy the bundle and save!
Christmas ELA Writing and Short Story Bundle
Click here for more Christmas fun!
If you like this activity, you might also like some of these activities for Christmas in the classroom:
The Polar Express Christmas ELA Unit for Big Kids
Christmas Writing Prompt Task Cards
Twas the Night Before Christmas Poetry Activity Pack
Christmas - Legend of the Christmas Spider Story & Activities