Winter is coming :)
Have your students learn more about the winter solstice and its impact on present-day winter holidays in this one-page passage with accompanying comprehension and vocabulary activities.
Within your purchase, find the following:
- A one-page passage about the winter solstice graded at a seventh-grade level.
- The same passage with comprehension questions embedded throughout the passage (beneficial for students with attentional or memory deficiencies).
- Two vocabulary activities: One directs students to look up definitions of important terms found in the passage; the other includes the definitions and has students match the terms with their meanings.
- A graphic organizer that has students determine the main idea, two important facts, and a description of what else they would like to learn about.
- A visualization worksheet – an important skill to aid in comprehension.
- A research activity that has students compare and contrast Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Christmas.
- An answer key.